SOBA (State of the Barangay Address)
Monday, March 30, 2009
Here's the SOBA I delivered before my constituents on our Barangay Assembly.
STATE OF THE BARANGAY ADDRESS (SOBA) Marso 28, 2009
Salamat Kagawad Lulu. Magandang hapon po sa inyong lahat at maraming salamat po sa oras na inyong ginugol para makiisa sa Assembliyang ito.
Isang taon at tatlong buwan napo akong nakaluklok bilang Punong Barangay ng Brgy. 885 at pangatlong Assembliya na po ito. Una po noong Marso at Disyembre, 2008.
Magmula po noong Hulyo hanggang Disyembre ng nakaraang taon ang mga sumusunod po ang MGA PROYEKTONG naitala at naipatupad ganoon din po ang mga pangyayaring naganap sa ating Barangay.
1. Ipinagdiwang ang Kapistahan ng Patron ng ating Barangay na si San Lorenzo de Brendici sa pamamagitan ng isang misa na ginanap sa harap ng G & S compound.
2. Nagkaroon po ng ineksyon ang ating mga alagang hayop laban sa mga rabies na maaring makasama sa ating mga alaga gayun din po sa mga taong makakasalamuha nito. Eto po ay inisponsor ni Konsehala Joy Dawis
3. Dengue Awareness Program na tinalakay sa ating
4. Pag isyu ng sedula.
5. Para sa kaalaman ng mga kinaukulan, pagpapaskel po ng mga bulletins, billboards, tarpaulins sa mga strategikong mga lugar kasama na po ang pagdidistribute ng mga dokumentong kinakailangan malaman ng mga naninirahan dito.
6. Libreng Blood Pressure Check-up tuwing Sabado at Linggo, 8:00-10 ng umaga sa Barangay Hall.
7. Meron napo tayong mga bagong monobloc na silya na dinagdag sa iilang natira noon.
8. Isang Masaya, may katatakutan ngunit isang makulay na Halloween Trick or Treat ang ginanap noong Oktubre 31, 2009, na nilahukan ng ating mga Kabataan at di mga Kabataang may mga pusong bata.
9. Sunod sunod na papapakain (Series of Feedings) para sa kalusugan n gating mga kabataan mula Octubrre hangggang Disyembre, 2008, upang maiwasan ang malnutrition.
10. Ipinagdiwang po ang anibersaryo ng unang taon ng aming pagkaka luklok ng 2007 Konseho ng Barangay sa pamamagitan ng isang matagumpay na Medical Mission kung saan nakapagbigay ng libreng bunot, salamat Kagawad Doc Alex, libreng medical consultation, BP check at Glucose (Blood sugar)test, libreng mga gamut. Umaasa kaming ito ay muling masusundan sa Hulyo tamang tama pos a pagdiriwang sa Kapistahan ng Patron ng Barangay.
11. Nagkaroon din po ng pamimigay ng mga munting regalo sa mga kapuspalad, Senior Citizens, Mga Lupon Tagapamayapa, SK Kagawad, Mga Tanod at iba pang nararapat handugan.
12. Isang Christmas Party para sa mga bata ang inisponsor n gating Kalihim si Lena Castillo.
13. Pagpapaayos ng drainage sa kanto ng Lamayan at Mortuary sa tulong ni Congressman Benny Abante, Jr.
Sa mga kaganapan pong nabanggit, may mga papuri na nais kong pasalamatan gayun din po ang mga batikos na nais ko parin pong pasalamatan. Alam ko pong sa abot ng aking kakayahan at sa tulong po ng aking konseho na nasa likuran ko at patuloy na sumosoporta, hindi ko pa rin po lubos na maibibigay ang lahat ng inyong kagustuhan at di lahat kayo ay makokontento at maibibigay ang lubos na kasiyahan ng LAHAT. Ganoon pa man ang mga pula at batikos ay siyang magtutulak sa akin upang magpatuloy sa lahat ng mga hakbanging tungo sa ikabubuti ng buong Barangay at ang mga papuri naman ay magiging inspirasyon sa aming paglilingkod.
Panghuli lamang po….. Nais ko lang pong ipa abot sa inyong lahat na hindi po ako si Superwoman ngunit sa tulong ninyong lahat ako ay di lamang magiging Superwoman bagkus Wonderwoman at Darna na rin!
Maraming Salamat mga Kabarangay!
Don't miss San Diego
Friday, March 27, 2009
A place to stay is not a problem since there will be one downtown San Diego hotel that will suit your budget and style offering fine features and amenities like free wireless high-speed Internet access, free local calls, free airport shuttle and pet-friendly hotel at minimal fees. Just like me, you’re assured of having a wonderful time in San Diego!
The celebration in pics
Poor system memory
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Happy birthday darling!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
For today, we are planning to leave for scenic Tagaytay for an early breakfast.
My gift for the Golden Boy
Outer Banks in North Carolina
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
An interesting tag
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Here are the rules:
1. Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late. No, you can't go into your closet and pull out your favorite purse! We want to know what you carried today or the last time you left the house.
2. List how much it cost. And this is not to judge. This is for entertainment purposes only. So spill it. And if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, we’d love to hear it.
3. Tag some chicks. And link back to this post so people know why the heck you’re showing everyone your bag.
The bag I recently carried - an LV Papillion. Thanks to my Girl Ghen who do the task of transferring my daily loads from one bag to another.
I had it bought from HK a few months back by my daughter Rhea during one of her trips with friends at $1,000.00 thinking I'll get a big big discount there but got it for a little less than LV Manila price. The above bag's photo was poorly taken. So, here's a better shot filed in my photobucket.
Inside any bag I carry are these stuffs - 2 cellphones for Smart & Sun, various keys, the Chairman's I.D., Two-way powder foundation, cheek and lip tint, camera, reading glasses, comb, wet tissues, pens and my century old C wallet.I'm passing this on to Cuz Girlie , Jean Jesse ghee Francine Shiela Bingkee Pinayhekmi Jet evi
Happy birthday friend!
I met Tonyboy and Anna Aquino in the middle of last year at the church we previously attend. They were newbie members then. Because we both belong in the political and community service - he being a former Congressman of Tarlac from the famous and well respected Aquino clan whose father is the older brother of Ninoy Aquino, we shared the same interests. We became much closer then when we both transferred to our new church, The Next Generation International Christian Church where we work in the Outreach Ministry dedicated to serving and discipling less fortunate fellowmen in different communities sharing our blessings through feedings and gift giving and most of all sharing the word of God.
Last Friday, his wife Anna hosted a surprise birthday party for the Golden Boy held at the 34th floor of the Petron Mega Towers in Makati City with our church family and close friends from the political and military world. It was a night of fun music and brotherhood.
Here’s wishing you strenght, good health and continuous faith and service to the Lord.
Budget, on its way!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
You see, a Barangay has a budget generated out of the shares from revenues and taxes that it accumulates depending upon its class and/or other factors like the number of business and commercial establishments it has around, responsible taxpayers within, number of constituents or population wise, depressed or not and so on.
If the amount has been determined and deposited by the City Treasurer’s Office of Manila to our accredited Bank we then wait for it to be approved in a regular session of the City Council of Manila. In this session, each Barangay Chairman whose scheduled budget is ready to be approved or in layman’s term “eh pupukpukin na” are called and required to witness the session.
After then we (through our Appropriation Committee are required an appropriation and allocation of these fund based on percentages on projects and the expenses where said funds will go until the Budget Office releases it and will be withdrawn by the Barangay Chairman and the Treasurer in our designated Bank. It doesn’t end here because it needs to be liquidated if the funds were spent on the allocated projects and has to be submitted to the Commission on Audit for file. Lots of paper works needed here so most Barangays hire the services of Contractors tor stipulated fees to ease the load of work.
This is the scene at the session hall I witnessed last Thursday. The Presiding Officer is Vice Mayor of Manila, Isko Moreno. In the center tables are the City Councilors in attendance while the Barangay Chairmen were seated in the gallery surrounding the session hall.
Labels: Barangay Governance
Better safe than sorry
Monday, March 9, 2009
Council Bonding of Barangay 885
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
One of the jitters I initially had when I assumed my post as Barangay Chairman was the question of how I can have a smooth and harmonious relationship among my Council members. The Council is composed of the SK Chairman, 7 Councilmen/women, a Secretary and a Treasurer (11 in all). Fine because I had the consensus to choose my Secretary and Treasurer but of course on certain grounds, well at least. The SK (Youth) Chairman and 2 Kagawads who were elected were all under my ticket plus my chosen Secretary and Treasurer so I was assured that 5 of them will not go opposite side, but what about the 5? Well then I had some problems when I was just starting but due to the openness in communication that I laid down, so far, everything’s been going on smoothly. I also encourage some bonding time with them just like two Saturdays ago when we had a great time of camaraderie at
Labels: Barangay Governance
Which diet pill works?
Labels: health and fitness